EDISON LABORATORY Edison National Historic Site West Orange, New Jersey Volume 1

| Kategorie: Kniha  | Tento dokument chci!

Vydal: Neurčeno

Strana 175 z 336

Vámi hledaný text obsahuje tato stránku dokumentu který není autorem určen k veřejnému šíření.

Jak získat tento dokument?






Poznámky redaktora
532 530 E. Eckert, March 26, 1943; Plan Action the Project Care for the Laboratory Group, Norman Speiden, June 28, 1939, and Norman Speiden W. 532 NPS, "HSR, Physics Laboratory, Building 1," 10.631 The Edison family had long looked the West Orange laboratory museum to the memory Edison the inventor. The staff and equipment which had been installed Building were transferred the new building February 1953633 In 1954 Charles Edison contacted the National Park Service for advice on preserving Glenmont; subsequent negotiations lead the donation Edison’s house the nation. Brennan, May 23, 1944, Historical Research Dept. made wide range batteries from heavy duty nickel iron storage batteries for railroad cars the battery that powered the light in coal miners’ caps. Ellwood Norman Speiden and notations, February 12, 1942; Report Mr.A. stood ready apply the expertise had gained manufacturing war material and was eager join the military industrial complex. This Note summation memorandum from’ Superintendent Melvin J. Charles Edison Fund collections. Building was converted museum use and opened the public 1948. The Director of Research was Dr. Donald Collier. The laboratories were equipped carry out experiments physical, chemical and engineering research. 631 Annual Report, Thomas Edison, Inc. Thomas Edison, Inc.630 At the end World War II, Thomas Edison, Inc.laboratory were given former Edison employees under the supervision the corporation; tours given during the war were subject tight security and were required have police escort., 1952. . After World War the laboratory was operated public use facility the Thomas Edison foundation which had a lease from the Edison Industries. consisted nine laboratory rooms and nine offices. 534 Historian’s Note 129. 533 "The New Laboratory," Thomas Edison, Inc., Annual Report, 1953, the collections the Charles Edison Fund. Weig James Whitehouse [Regional Director?], Northeast Region, NPS, November 13, 1967. In 1952, ground was broken for new laboratory Watchung Avenue, few hundred feet the south the old Phonograph Works.534 The Edison Home National Historic Site became part of 159 . 1952 had prosperous instrument division making electrical resistance bulbs, temperature indicators and thermal time delay relays. The dictating machine division successfully manufactured a range 'Voicewriter" equipment which included tape, cylinder, and disc recorders.E. also provided control devices and instrumentation for the aircraft industry