EDISON LABORATORY Edison National Historic Site West Orange, New Jersey Volume 1

| Kategorie: Kniha  | Tento dokument chci!

Vydal: Neurčeno

Strana 98 z 336

Vámi hledaný text obsahuje tato stránku dokumentu který není autorem určen k veřejnému šíření.

Jak získat tento dokument?






Poznámky redaktora
Lyman ran small studio and dark room during the period after 1900.“290 Joseph Whelan.291 worked the laboratory until the 1930s.) Through the early part the twentieth century, the photographic studio was kept busy making photographs the Edison plant and products; also handled the 82 .Pierman’s work was billed the accounts musical experiments. Cummings unpacked, tested and examined eight disc phonographs from the Silver Lake plant each week and reported his findings to factory inspectors. The department was kept busy making prints machines and products for advertising purposes and meeting the insatiable public appetite for images of Thomas Edison. His printing operation may have moved Building 1914, when Edison approved his taking over Dr. Samuels, Mr. was supervised Harris, was Huenlich, who inspected Ediphones. (hereafter cited Historical Research Dept.287 His work recording the sound the piano must certainly have taken place the third floor Building 5. carried out experiments phonograph records and also worked Building developed a method electroplating masters with silver and copper and also produced an "air“ reproducer which used compressed air increase the volume phonograph playback.288 287 Weber [?] Gilmore, April 1902, Record Manufacturing Division Records, Box 15; Memorandum of Frank Dyer, January 1909, Record Manufacturing Division Records, Box 16. Huenlich. Harris worked phonograph governor development, and Samuels electrical instrument repair and standardization. 280 MRH TAE, January 12, 1914 (in 1914, WOL-Photograph Department).289 Bill Lyman. 30-31; see also NPS, "HSR, Part I, Metallurgical Laboratory, Building No. By 1920, four experimenters were work the third floor: Mr.). 202 Norman Speiden, "Plan Action the Project Care for the Laboratory Group," June 28, 1939, Records Historical Research Department, Thomas Edison, Inc.292 (See 167 for more Joseph Whelan. Harris, Mr. Whelan began working for Edison 1902 and became the laboratory photographer around 1915. Greene’s former room the "Galvanometer Room. 4," 4. 288 William Meadowcroft Edison, March 29, 1912 (in 1912, Phonograph-General, 5). Cummings, and Mr. 288 "Report Work Done the Laboratory," John Constable TAE, October 23, 1920, Engineering Department Records, Box 11, Edison folder. 291 Norman Speiden interview, June 1973, Oral History Project, pp