EDISON LABORATORY Edison National Historic Site West Orange, New Jersey Volume 1

| Kategorie: Kniha  | Tento dokument chci!

Vydal: Neurčeno

Strana 93 z 336

Vámi hledaný text obsahuje tato stránku dokumentu který není autorem určen k veřejnému šíření.

Jak získat tento dokument?






Poznámky redaktora
-Organization. H. 282 "Functions Present Laboratory Organization," 1919, Thomas Edison, Inc. In 1919, Charles Nicolai was manager the Construction Service division and was probably based this room.F. visitor this upper floor the laboratory building cannot but impressed with consciousness the incessant efforts that are being made improve the reproducing qualities the phonograph hears from all sides the sounds vocal and instrumental music constantly varying volume and timbre, due changes the experimental devices under trial.264 This space was completely reorganized 1916.262 Despite this organizational plan there is evidence that this department also did some drafting for experimental projects. Next this complex offices, on the south side Building were the offices the product engineers. began machinist and was described by Hutchison "master machinist.who later took over this department. These offices included the Chief Engineer’s office, the Engineering Test Service department, and the Drafting Service department. Dinwiddie’s room for educational films (at the east end) was converted into offices for the engineering department. Many the experiments conducted this floor were concerned with the phonograph. Dyer and Martin described the third floor 1910: On each side the hallway above mentioned, rooms are partitioned off and used for experimental work various kinds, mostly phonographic, although this floor are also located the storage-battery testing-room, chemical and physical room and Edison’s private office, where all his personal correspondence and business affairs are conducted his personal secretary, Mr. Miller. According Fessenden, some time before 1900 James Gladstone (an English experimenter working batteries for the phonograph), and the chemist Jonas Aylsworth, among others, were working the third floor. During the period 1901-1914 more space the north side this floor was converted into experimental rooms."263 Building Third Floor There were several experimental rooms this floor running along the south side dating from the 1880s. 264 Dyer, Martin, and Meadowcroft, Edison: His Life and Inventions, 651. 283 Photograph Album 10, catalog 5209. 77