EDISON LABORATORY Edison National Historic Site West Orange, New Jersey Volume 1

| Kategorie: Kniha  | Tento dokument chci!

Vydal: Neurčeno

Strana 35 z 336

Vámi hledaný text obsahuje tato stránku dokumentu který není autorem určen k veřejnému šíření.

Jak získat tento dokument?






Poznámky redaktora
with ogee moulded edges... 35 Floor plan, November 1916, Edison NHS. 33 See figure and figure the 1916 floor plan. 34 Plumbing specifications drawn Henry Hudson Holly’s office, June 1887 (in 1887, WOL- General, D-87-55)..was billed for the library mantel and arch stone December 31, 1887, which indicates that work the fireplace was underway that time.. Floor plans drawn November 1916 show that both offices were place that time.34 Sometime before 1916 the lavatory was remodeled change the location the entrance. Plumbing specifications drawn for Building show that this lavatory, the "Office Toilet room," was considerably more elaborate than those other parts of the building. Because the entrance was the first landing the stairs and the room was at the first floor level, least one step led down into the lavatory. These offices were probably added sometime between October 1915 and November 1916. Edison’s lavatory sported "14 in. The configuration the lavatory room itself was not changed, although only one the two planned water closets was installed.." The lavatory consisted two rooms, the outer room containing the marble sink described above, and the inner room planned house two water closets and porcelain urinal. The original doorway was replaced with pine paneling similar that throughout the rest the library, and entrance way was cut through the alcove closest the steps. Early the twentieth century, two the alcoves the first floor were modified by the addition two offices, one the northwest comer, the other filling the southeast comer the room.. The glass may have been frosted shade may have been hung the inside the door (figure 15).33 The lavatory the library located under the stairway the first balcony; its original entrance was from the stairway’s first landing.A.36 During the more than years Edison worked the library, modifications the first and second balconies were rare. Edison, March and March 20, 1888 (in 1888, WOL-General, D-88-55). The original door appears have been used the new door frame. marbleized wash bowl with. The door was panelled in wood the bottom half and topped with six glass panes... T.white Italian Marble counter sunk slab.with iron legs and Demorest galvanized iron back(s). Figure 76, photograph taken Edison Day, October 21, 1915, shows that that date the southeast corner had not yet been enclosed form separate office." In contrast, the remaining sinks the building were "galvanized iron..32 32 Voucher 657,1887; Edison was still being hounded for payment for the mantel much later, Potsdam Red Sandstone Co. exception the projection booth installed 19