overhead pulley visible.
498 The Milwaukee Sentinel, August 1912.
500 MRH TAE, October 29, 1912 (in 1912, WOL--General).
497 Dyer, Martin, and Meadowcroft, Edison: His Life and Inventions, 650. Kellow, September 23, 1916, Recording Division and Related Records; John
P."497 1912 newspaper article described the phonograph
testing room small partitioned room "roughly boarded off from the big room"
(the music room) where Edison was intently listening phonograph (see figure
139). This area also
contained experimental rooms and space reserved for Edison. There are two extant
photographs this area available for this period.
Building Third Floor, Music Room
By the time Dyer and Martin were writing 1910, they explain that the former
"phonograph music-hall for record-making" was used "experimental room for
phonograph work.498
In 1916, the partition dividing the music room was removed.
499 John Constable R.499 1917 the
music room was used office space (see figure 143).
49fi The cabinet (E-1715) still present the third floor.
This remained open area without partitioned rooms, except for the
experimental rooms the Lakeside Avenue side.500
151
.Building Third Floor, Central Open Area
In between the film studio and the former music room was large open space. large three section cabinet with glass doors situated against the wall of
the rooms. contains several tables, some film equipment, and some phonographs in
dust covers. Constable Charles Edison, September 19, 1916 (in 1916, WOL).
Building Third Floor, Offices (South Side)
On the south side this area was row offices, with the photographic
department (with dark room) the middle, next the elevator. One shows Charles Dally
inspecting disc record with the experimental rooms the background (figure
140).W.496 The other photograph shows the courtyard side this area (figure
141)