Building Drafting Room, Period 1887-1900 and Period II: 1901-1914
Dyer and Martin mention the drafting room 1910 and locate the second
floor Building 5. John Ott supervised the drafting room some point, as
did Charles Schiffl (see for more Charles Schiffl and for more on
John Ott).
485 Ibid.484
Building Drafting Room, Period III: 1915-1931
In 1921 all the equipment from the second floor drafting room was moved upstairs
to the Engineering Department Offices.
481 Dyer, Martín, and Meadowcraft, Edison: His Life and Inventions, 649. longer only drafting department, the
new department was called "engineering and experimental department" by
Edison and its job was design new parts and products, draw and list them, and
handle the transfer blueprints, specifications, and models the relevant
production departments the Edison Phonograph Works., March 29, 1921. Henry Altengarten’s office and equipment
was then moved from the library these second floor offices.
483 Wilson Memo, June 24, 1910 (in 1910, Phonograph).481 Little known about this room the period before 1910. They included making cabinet for the testing department and
building filing case for the Engineering Department.
482 Dyer Memo, March 25, 1910 (in 1910, Phonograph).483
The shop orders make equipment for the Engineering Department were
executed 1911.
The creation the Engineering Department brought organizational and physical
changes Building around 1911.
494 Shop Orders 2541 and 2542, Notebook N-09-01-29.482 The Chief
Engineer was charge this department and supervised the drawings and
the issuing engineering notices which notified the staff changes in
design.486
143
.
It was located the south side the floor, between the stairway and the
precision machine shop. The new offices probably occupied the space
once reserved for the drafting room