EDISON LABORATORY Edison National Historic Site West Orange, New Jersey Volume 1

| Kategorie: Kniha  | Tento dokument chci!

Vydal: Neurčeno

Strana 112 z 336

Vámi hledaný text obsahuje tato stránku dokumentu který není autorem určen k veřejnému šíření.

Jak získat tento dokument?






Poznámky redaktora
7-8. The reports and correspondence were generated from 1935 through 1949.The two small rooms either side the main entrance were also changed suit new experimental projects. This was carried out by Selden Warner the small laboratory the room the west side the building. Perhaps this room was used for temporary production Blue Amberol records after the war and there was mistake its description this document. final possibility that Edison took celluloid more seriously recording medium than has previously been believed. the 1930s this room was designated as a chemical laboratory.332 This room had once housed photographic equipment and remnants can seen the photographs (figure 11). Spieden called "chemical room and photographic dark room. Interior spaces were divided into sections and subsections. After the war, Selden Warner continued work this room. 333 "Classification Build)ngs-Historical Dept," July 21, 1939, Historical Research Dept." photograph taken 1939 shows little structural change and the addition numerous bottles of chemicals and balance (figure 13). The use the term celluloid puzzling because this material was not used the production Edison discs, only for Blue Amberol records which were cylinders.333 The end World War work brought changes this building government research contracts were terminated. Warner also worked sound ranging equipment and assisted with the miner’s safety cap lamp. 3M ”Thomag Edison Personal—Floor Areas Laboratory Building," November 25, 1918, 1918, WOL- General. left Edison’s employ 1921 (see for more Selden Warner). 1918 plan indicates total remodelling of Building The plan divides Building into main room and disc record celluloid room, about one-third the size the main room. During the war they were equipped to carry out experiments hydrogen testing apparatus (to measure the gas the interior submarines) and depth sounding equipment. the other hand the term celluloid might have been loosely used cover all types recording material. This listing included all buildings being converted historical/museum use." contained sink the north end and counter top and shelves running along the east side.334 experimental rooms are described., containing reports and correspondence relating the History the Edison Laboratory from 1935 1949. 332 jyjpg, "HSR, Edison NHS, Building 1,” pp. They were not similar shape for the west side office was larger and extended the partition. This room was eventually taken over Theodore Edison and was called "Theodore’s room. This included converting the alkaline storage battery to 96 . that case this room could have been employed the production discs. In 1919 this building was used develop electrical systems for use Ford Model T automobiles