EDISON LABORATORY Edison National Historic Site West Orange, New Jersey Volume 1

| Kategorie: Kniha  | Tento dokument chci!

Vydal: Neurčeno

Strana 109 z 336

Vámi hledaný text obsahuje tato stránku dokumentu který není autorem určen k veřejnému šíření.

Jak získat tento dokument?






Poznámky redaktora
327 In 1912 fireproof building hold film stock was erected outside the east wall of the building. was described Hutchison "fireproofvault for school film" and was made poured concrete. This department was enlarged 1914 handle the overflow photographic work from the rooms the third floor of Building 5. Based 1912 photographic evidence, the foundry was likely constructed after 1912 and sometime the late 1910s early 1920s. Close was room occupied Dr. Greene for photographic experiments from 1910 1914 (see for more W.324 323 Shop Order 3612 (1911), Notebook N-09-01-29. The interior the 93 .C. 8," prepared Melvin Weig, Arthur Spiegler, and Norman Souder, 1965, pp. After 1914 it was still referred "Greene’s room," and these offices were collectively known as the photographic department. 325 Donald Bliss W. now known Vault 8. A foundry was erected "in the rear" this building produce copper for disc master plating. 328 Historian’s Note 128, which contains recollections Paul Kasakove, "Electroplating Process for Disc Record Moulds.326 It could have been the space the south end the main room which Selden Warner worked.326 The foundry pictured figure for which reliable date has been established.328 Building Period III: 1915-1931 During this period Building was again general experimental and office area that handled the overflow from other experimental facilities. 328 Photograph Album 10, catalog 5209, 112 (this album originally belonged Miller Reese Hutchison); see also National Park Service, "Historic Structures Report-Part Small Storage Vault, Building No.323 This darkroom was either the front room on the west side one the experimental rooms along the east side the main room. 1912 "electrical repair room," which was probably this building, was dismantled make way for educational films. Greene, May 10,1912 (in 1912, Motion Pictures-Kinetograph).1911 darkroom was installed Building may have contained facilities to make prints motion pictures. 3-4. 3M MRH TAE, January 12, 1914 (in 1914, WOL--Photographic Department).E. Greene). The beginning the Edison educational films project, under the direction of Walter Dinwiddie, brought more changes Building more space was devoted to photographic work and filming." 327 Information obtained from Edison NHS Cultural Landscape Report (draft, August 1993)